Monday, July 4, 2011

Generation Italian, Chapter One



Hello, and welcome back to the Around the World legacy, or, in Italian, In Tutto Il Mondo.

You probably have a lot of questions. Maybe you're new to this legacy and are wondering why I'm starting in the ninth generation. Or maybe you read the original and are wondering why I didn't bring back Galle and Fritz and all their children. Or maybe you stumbled on this page by accident and have no idea what's going on at all. Let me explain.

In September, 2008, I began a Sims 2 legacy, posted on the BoolProp forums here. My computer died shortly after, and I lost the family at generation C.
In August, 2009, I decided to bring the family back again, this time in The Sims 3. The idea is this: have a family that lasts for 26 generations, not including the founder, and name each generation of kids with only one letter. Generation 1 is A, 2 is B, etc.
This legacy has a twist because it has a theme: every generation is assigned a language that starts with that letter - Africaans, Basque, etc. - and the children will be named words that start with that letter in that language. For example, a kid from generation A would get named a word from Afrikaans starting with the letter A, like Antwoord (meaning Answer), while someone from generation E would get named an Estonian word starting with the letter E, like Esmaspäeviti (meaning Every Monday).

I seem to have a habit of only updating this during the summer, because it's harder to play during school. Well, it's the summer again, and it's my third summer with this legacy! You can go back and read all the old chapters (they're listed on the old thread here as well as the new thread) but I'll summarize as best I can here:


Galle, the generation German heiress, and her husband Fritz were contemplating having another child.

They already had

Hadjárat, the oldest adopted girl.


Hátulja, the oldest biological child, who I feared was a clone of her mother.


Het, one of the adopted twins.


Hol, Het's twin brother.


Hajó, the oldest bio-boy.


Három, who looked exactly like Hajó.


And finally Helyzet, the littlest girl, who I really liked.


I did end up letting Galle get pregnant again. I was hoping for some genetic diversity, though I already had a lot of potential heirs to choose from.

Then I went to school, and didn't have much time to play at all. Galle never gave birth, partially because of that, but also because something awful happened, a week before finals.
My computer was infected with a virus that could not be removed. The only way to save Sasha (my laptop) was to kill it with fire, aka completely wipe the computer and start again from scratch. Only the most vital documents (papers, drafts of novels) could be saved. Everything else had to go.
Including my saved games. I hadn't played with my legacy sims in 9 months, so I didn't even think to export the family or anything. I was afraid the virus had gotten in there too.
So I lost them.

When I finally decided to rebuild this family, I realized that I could not reconstruct all of generation Hungarian. There was no way I would get them right, I didn't have enough clear pictures of their faces, and I'd spend days getting everyone just-so, even if I did. So I decided to pick an heir, someone close to growing up to YA anyway, and just age them up. The family was getting ridiculously rich anyway, it might be nice to start from nothing, or next-to-nothing.
I wanted to choose Helyzet, she had been my favorite, but she was still just a child and I had the least photos of her face. So I picked Hátulja.


"OH MY GOD I'M THE HEIRESS!"

She is, of course, doing her best imitation of her mother:



The entire German generation was neurotic, actually. It's one of my favorite traits, they're easy to keep happy if you let them have one good freak out in the morning.



Despite the wealth of neuroses, this family trait is still unlucky.

Anyway, Hátulja's heiress now.

"Sweet."
I remade her in CAS from a couple screenshots from the last chapter. It's not perfect, but it's a good start.
And yes, she still has a house. Let me explain.


These two folks are, well...


This is Cocaine Chimeree, of the "Chim-Chim-Cheree" legacy, which was finished ages ago, but is still one of my favorites. He was my favorite character, and I've downloaded him into my game.


This lovely young lady with him is what happens when I combine the genetics of Lavender Chimeree with a sim that was born in another game (before I decided to re-start this legacy) named Rory Ellis. I named this woman Lavender Ellis, and then I realized what I had in store for her and Cocaine who is, after all, her distant relative, and I changed her name to Imogen.


I think you'll see why. Imogen and Cocaine are in love with each other. They're also both in love with Hátulja, and she's in love with both of them.
They're a triad. They all have the No Jealousy reward, and they are all very happy with each other (or they were once I did some gender-preference adjustment, I didn't realize how hard this game was on bisexual sims).

Okay, so this doesn't really explain it at all.
This is what happened: I decided to re-start the legacy, but I wasn't sure if I wanted to document it. I moved Hátulja into an empty lot and let her live for a while. Eventually Cocaine moved in, then Imogen, and they were all happy together, and I decided I wanted to update this blog after all.
Problem is, I didn't take any pictures of lawn living because I didn't think I'd use them.

So this is where we come in. The three of them have a little house together in Sunset Valley. They are happy, even though they all have a naughty reputation from flirting with each other. Cocaine is still writing novels and gardening. Hátulja, who has commitment issues, wants to be a Jack of All Trades. Imogen wants to max handiness and logic. Both women have a job in the military for now.


They are cute, and young, and happy, and my most unique family so far. Soon some decisions will have to be made regarding babies (it is generation Italian, after all), but not yet.


Things have settled into a pleasant routine. Cocaine writes novels all day, while everyone's at work.



The girls skill a little in the evening, and then they all get ready for bed.


The first two to get ready for bed get the big bed together, and if they're in a good mood I let them woohoo (my policy is that all woohoo is either try-for-baby, or risky woohoo, which is set on 20% for YA and 10% for adults). There's a single bed for whoever gets left out.


After a while, though, it's time for some serious baby-making. Let's get Generation Italian on the way!

I hope that this introduction has been helpful. Next time, we'll see the first babies of this coming generation!

1 comment:

  1. Good thing I kept your legacy's link on my blog!

    I thought this legacy was completely done for, thanks for the explanation. Looking forward to the Cocaine/Hatulja babies.

    ReplyDelete