Thursday, June 24, 2010

Generation German, Chapter Two



Hello, and welcome to the new Around the World Legacy. Or, in German, Rund Um Die Welt.

Last time, Dårlig died, we were getting started on generation G, and my banner gave away a little bit about what was going on with Fais' pregnancy.

Fais has been gardening almost non-stop. It's practically the only escape from kids music (I've even got it in the bathroom, ah!)

I missed their word bubbles because Marc's kept going into the wall, but their conversation went something like:
"Babies?"
"Rubbish!"

When he's not talking about rubbish with his very pregnant wife, Marc is... Wait a second, what's that sound?

Fais is in labor! Quick, join her at the hospital, Marc!

"Do I have to? I'm busy showing off my tattoos!"
I said go!
"I don't wanna."

And so he didn't. Fais went all by herself, and ran into a few of her father's mistresses on her way in.

She came out with this little basket of joy! Inside were three neurotic baby girls.

Gummi is neurotic and disciplined. Her name means Rubber in German.
Galle is neurotic and perceptive. Her name means Gall Bladder.
Gabe is neurotic and eccentric, and her name means Gift.

It looks like we're in for a generation of hand washing.

I decided to have their birthdays the next day, and forgot to have the cakes upstairs so they wouldn't have to be carried all the way down just to be brought right back up.

Gabe grew up with her father's black hair, along with his eyes and unfortunate nose, but she got Wolfe's pink eyes.

Gummi is cute. She has the white hair, but different eyes. I suspect she got The Nose too, but it doesn't look so unfortunate on her.

Galle has a wide jaw, and a very flat face.

No, seriously. She also has Mel's hair color, which is cool. It means I have triplets with three different hair colors again.

I had that once in the Hadley Legacy, but it was more noticeable because the three colors were vastly different. This time the white hair and the blond look pretty much the same. It doesn't help that those two girls love the color orange.

I set up a TSAL and had the girls basically jump over each other as they went down, then double back to get the books they missed. It was confusing, but they eventually all got through it rather quickly (though at different rates).

I suspect that Gummi's disciplined trait is making her needs decrease more slowly (at least social never seems to be low!) so she can skill for longer. Galle also seems to learn faster thanks to her perceptive trait. Poor Gabe started first, but still finished last!

They did all learn to speak at roughly the same time, though. I haven't potty trained or gotten them to walk yet, but so far I have a collection of very well trained toddlers building relationships at the block tables while their parents and grandparents get happy enough to return and help them skill... though by then the toddlers will all be hungry, smelly, and sleepy again! Seems like the parents and babies are never on the same schedule.

No comments:

Post a Comment