Friday, June 18, 2010

Generation French, Chapter Eight



Hello, and welcome to the new Around the World Legacy. Or, in French, Partout Dans Le Monde.
In this legacy, each generation will be named a word starting with their letter from a language starting with that letter; so a sim from generation F could be named Former, the French word for Train.

Last time on the Around the World Legacy, I experimented with Ambitions and one of Edel's many kids drowned.
I later found out that Leticia Murphy, daughter of Edel and Molly, died in a fire. Poor thing! Dommer also had a kid that died as a toddler. Weird! Does this happen often?

Edel invited Lavender over again, since she is gorgeous and I wanted him to have multiple children with her anyway.

After Lavender left, Dårlig started doing the floating dance! Oh no!

As sad as it was to see her go, the kids are getting older and the household will need some space for...
oh wait. She had a death flower. Never mind. Guess she's going to live FOREVER then.

Crisis averted.

If there's not going to be a legacy death this chapter (though Wolfe is really quite old now) there might as well be a legacy birthday! The twins are growing up.

Faux is all ready to test the inventing hobby (though I just found out that kids can do it too! Frac!)

Fais grew up too, of course, and got the overly dramatic trait.

I love her hair. It makes her kind of look like a weird, spooky alien. Unique enough for you?

...me either.

Faux got right to inventing in her extension of the pottery room in the basement.

I want Fais to do tattooing, but teens can't, so she'll only do it as a YA if she becomes heiress. For now she's building the artistic skill using the drafting table.

The legacy home is starting to feel real small. It's got enough space for nine adults (if there are two sims per double bed) and four toddlers/infants, but the child area is really crowded and there aren't many places to put Frac's statues or Faux's inventions or Fais' sketches. With the lot really rather small, the only way to build is up (or down into the basement, you may have noticed), so I made a new floor and put all the toddler things up there, along with space for toddler birthdays and makeovers (so they don't have to be carried upstairs) and lots of toys and games. There's also room for a TSAL when one is needed.

You're all probably laughing right now. Why? Because I didn't realize that ice sculptures would melt.
I realized this when I couldn't find our ice-octopus (I LOVE the octopus statue!) I checked the ice-sculpture basement and yep, Dårlig had melted. Frac! Still no idea what I'll do with that extra space. For now I'm leaving it, it might be useful later.

I could put inventions down there, but it's fun to have them around the house. There's a new collection of them in the study, and a few scattered around as decoration.

The floating ducky is my favorite! So cute.

Frac's hobby is also taking over the house. He's making me a ton of lovely statues that really mean I should take more pictures of the family at home! So lovely.

Fais' hobby is rather boring, and I haven't been paying much attention to her (sorry love!) so she's devised her own way of getting my attention.

Overly dramatic sims can pretend to pass out!

Sorry Fais, I'm not fooled.

Unlucky sims (family trait!) can get electrocuted while inventing! It shocked the clothes right off of her.
And check out that cool picture of an inverter Fais made! That's one way to get my attention!

...but it's no floating ducky.

In other news, look who rolled a want for a tattoo! Wolfe is 94, and somehow I doubt he's going to last long enough for Fais to tattoo him herself.

He got a knife and a skull on his left arm...

...flowers and a woman (Dårlig?) on his right arm...

...a skull on his chest...

...and a plumbob on his ankle.

Good thing you can't see any of them on him while Mr. Leader-of-the-free-world (did I mention that part) is dressed.

By the way, Lavender had another son, Torey Golden. He's Edel's 21st child. Maybe this is finally changing Edel's mind about his hate for children, because he recently spun up a want to teach his son Joshua Numeral (son of One) to talk.
The kids are (in order of birth) Burton Sophie, Frac Dove, Shanta Woody, Alysia Woody, Eunice Friday, Alyssa Friday, Rudolph Monday, Abby Murphy, Leticia Murphy (dead), Vito Murphy, Dana Wednesday, Faux Alphabetacy, Fais Alphabetacy, Ross Oliver, Jeannine Muench, Yvonne Muench, Barrett Twig, Claudio Colbert, Exekiel Hart-Costello, Joshua Numeral, Dedrick Golden (dead), and Torey Golden.
He's had five sets of twins, all girls, and all the single births have been boys. Wow!

1 comment:

  1. The reason that his kids are probably being killed off is because there are too many of them in the neighborhood and the game is trying to control the population so that other Sims can have families.

    ReplyDelete