Sunday, August 16, 2009

Generation Afrikaans, Chapter Two



Hello, and welcome to the new Around the World Legacy. Or, in Afrikaans, Rondom Die Wêreld.
In this legacy, each generation will be named a word starting with their letter from a language starting with that letter so a sim from generation A could be named Antwoord, the Afrikaans word for Answer.

Last time on the Around the World Legacy, our founder, Leslie, got married to Leighton and had three girls: Asseblief, Advertensie, and Afdeling, which are the Afrikaans words for Please, Advertisement, and Department.

Poor Leslie is pregnant again, because Leighton wants to have five kids and he's only had four. His son Sam is a teen already, but he doesn't live with the Legacy family, he stayed with who I assume is his grandmother.

And it's Advertensie's birthday.

I took seriously hundreds of pictures of her when she aged up, because I love her face. She looks a lot like her father, but a softer version of him, I think.

Leighton can't wait for the final child to be born. At least, I hope it's the final child, we'll find out after this one becomes a teen if they actually need to have one more.

Leslie can't wait to have the baby either!

It's a girl! I was hoping for a boy, since I've had so many girls playing two matriarchies besides this, but nope. Her name is Aap, which means Monkey. I was going to save that name for a boy, but since it seems there will be none this generation...

Leighton's working on strength training, just because, and maybe I'll try to get him to do the skill challenges while he's at it. Just because.

But now it's time for birthdays. Leighton's becoming an adult, so I won't give you a picture of that because it's boring.

Asseblief is a pretty teen. I didn't write down her traits, but she's brave, which is the family trait, and she rolled vegetarian this birthday, which made me really happy. And I think she's excitable, too, which I think three of the girls have, I just can't remember which three.

Leslie takes Aap to the cake a few days later, right beneath the new portraits of her and Leighton. Obviously, Asseblief will be re-doing the portrait of Leslie.

This is a picture of the very efficient fire. Leslie took Aap and ran to the next room, while Leighton and Asseblief put out the fire before I could even pause to get a picture.

And in a few seconds, the party was underway again, and Aap became a toddler. Her favorite color is pink. It took forever to get a good shade.

Leslie is working on her handiness by hitting the glass door with a hammer.

And now it's time for little Afdelig (remember her?) to become a child.

She looks pretty nervous, poor thing.

And then Leslie becomes an adult, and Leighton shows off his undies.

And I'll leave you with this picture of a sad woman that Asseblief painted. thanks for reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment