Monday, August 24, 2009

Generation Afrikaans, Chapter Six



Hello, and welcome to the new Around the World Legacy. Or, in Afrikaans, Rondom Die Wêreld.
In this legacy, each generation will be named a word starting with their letter from a language starting with that letter so a sim from generation A could be named Antwoord, the Afrikaans word for Answer.

Last time on the Around the World Legacy, Leighton reached his lifetime want, and Asseblief became a young adult. I was trying to decide on the heiress.

Let's start off with some fishing. Who doesn't like fishing? Also, this pond? On the legacy lot. It solves the teenage angler problem. Poor Aap kept getting in trouble with the curfew police!

I've changed my mind about generation B. It's already a big family without having the planned eight babies (yes, eight). So Asseblief's LTW is no problem to me.
Also, I have a husband in mind for her.

His name is something like Fred, but I've taken to calling him Reddy. He has red eyes! He's the decedent I of some sims I dropped into the town to populate it when Leslie first moved in. I think. Anyway, Reddy here is the second gen. spouse. And Asseblief is the heiress, of course.

While the two love birds flirt outside, the other girls demonstrate the inefficiency of the kitchen table.

That's why I built them a brand new dinning room, right off the living room. But do they use it? Noooo!

Anyway, Asseblief and Reddy are getting really close, and I had her ask him to go steady.

Then I was distracted by Leslie getting electrocuted by a bear burnt at work.

And then it was time for little miss Advertensie to grow up!

And, while I think she's pretty, I'm glad I picked Asseblief. First of all, this is not a prettacy or an uglacy, but rather... a unique-acy. I don't want my kids looking like clones of each other. And Advertensie does look different. I just think it'd be hard for her to marry someone equally unique and have kids that don't look like they belong in, well, an uglacy.

Besides, she's found love, in the form of something-or-other McGraw. I had her ask him to be her boyfriend, and he of course said yes! The next day she moved out to live with him!

This is the man whose death distracted me from Asseblief's first kiss! Damn him!

But it's okay, because Asseblief was happy to re-enact it for me.

Then she took him home, and outside, away from her family, and asked him to marry her. He gave an enthusiastic yes!

And then the two went into the orange bedroom to make blue and purple eyed babies.
Do you see the unique-acy potential? DO YOU SEE IT?

Anyway, the next morning, little miss Asseblief, who always seems to be looking boring in my pictures, got ready for her wedding day. They were having a small party, with some of her parent's friends, Reddy's roommates, and Advertensie and her boyfriend.

The two of them share their vows on the lawn at sunset...
Wait a second, where the HELL did his hair go?

Ahem. In any case, these pictures would be perfect if his hair hadn't vanished.

I gave him a make-over after the wedding. His favorite color is yellow! Exciting, I've never had a yellow-lover before. Stupid sims keep getting purple or white.

And I'll leave you with this picture of Asseblief, rubbing her imaginary pregnant stomach.
That's right, generation B is on the way!

No comments:

Post a Comment