Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Generation Afrikaans, Chapter Five



Hello, and welcome to the new Around the World Legacy. Or, in Afrikaans, Rondom Die Wêreld.
In this legacy, each generation will be named a word starting with their letter from a language starting with that letter so a sim from generation A could be named Antwoord, the Afrikaans word for Answer.

Last time on the Around the World Legacy, not a whole lot happened. Aap became a child and Afdeling became a teen.

Ah, it would appear it's time for Aap to become a teen now too. And now, the moment of truth. Will Leighton fulfill his lifetime want, or will another baby be hastily made?

Wait, it appears we've missed a few photos! Advertensie's been hard at work playing chess.

She's been winning chess match...

...after chess match...

...after chess match...

...after- wait, didn't we already play you?
"I came back."
Err, okay. After repetitive chess match.

Leighton has been gardening in his underwear, working on growing some fresh ingredients for Leslie, who is still cooking up a storm.

This is the fifth key lime pie she's baked today. Why? I like pie.
Also, she's trying to make 75 dishes. I believe so far she's made 66.

This doesn't have anything to do with this update, I just took a random picture of the mail man and I liked it.

So, do you want to know if Leighton's LTW was filled?
Really?
Are you sure? I have other pictures of mail men!

Right, so, as I was saying, it's Aap's birthday.

A little pop up announced that Leighton's lifetime wish had been completed. He slept through it.

And Aap's a teen. I made her hair a little more reddish brown, just because I like the red better and I can do that.

Now I've got to decide who to make heir? I like Asseblief. She looks very much like her mother, though she has an odd hooked nose I don't like, and her eyes are big and pretty.

I really like Advertensie's look, I've never had a girl with her appearance before, though I think I'd have to be careful who I mixed that look with.

I like that Afdeling got her mother's big eyes, because I love those eyes, but she got that mysterious brown hair. Maybe I'll dye it if she is chosen.

And finally there's Aap, who's pretty average to me, although she has the advantage of being much younger than her siblings.

Asseblief's birthday is the day after Aap's, so you'd think I'd have to decide right now, right? But you're wrong! Asseblief is going to have to hang around to paint portraits anyway, so there's no rush.

Oo look at those purple eyes. I like her for heiress, though I'm not sure about her lifetime want. She wants to reach the top of the science career, which would be fun because then you can experiment on things in the house, but I also plan to have a big family next generation (like you didn't see that coming).

Edit: Oh, totally forgot, I changed my mind about making brave the family trait. Asseblief is now also unlucky, which will be the real family trait. So all the girls will be unlucky for their next birthday, except Aap, who got it earlier.

In any case, a spouse is needed, and spare spouses for the other girls, so it's man hunting we go!

Unfortunately, the men of Sunset Valley are, er, special, in their own special little way.

Next time, I announce the heiress! Or, uh, not.

No comments:

Post a Comment