Friday, July 13, 2012

Generation Korean, Chapter Three

Hello, and welcome back to the Around the World legacy. It's nice to have you back again. Last time this generation's sextuplets aged up into children and tried to assert their individuality, and Jini and Kostya formed a band called Zombie Snack.
Kae Dee, like the rest of her sisters, was enjoying a free weekend day in the sun. The girls were pretty much left alone for the day, because their parents...
...were busy jamming to an empty crowd.
And maybe enjoying the time alone a little too much. Jini: "Shush, I haven't gotten to kiss my husband since I gave birth six years ago." Touche.
That night things got a little more serious, with another one of Jini's parties to try to impress the celebrities of the town. This one was at a pool club in the evening, perfect for everyone lounging about in swimwear pretending to be friends.
Jini chatted with Mr. Drow-Raspberry, who had just achieved one-star celebrity status, angling to get herself in the tabloids again.
The kids, on the other hands, had much purer intentions. Kae Dee: "So, you're the freaky girl our dad babysat for a while?" Belisama: "Yeah. And you're the stupid girl with the great muffins?" Kae Dee: "Yeah! Wait... did you call me stupid?"
Kostya avoided association with adults - who he is famously terrible at talking to - and headed straight for the bar, where he bought a round of drinks for everyone. Now that's a way to make friends!
Ko, unattended for a moment, found her way to the dance floor, and was delighted by what she discovered there. Ko: "What is this music? It makes me want to wiggle random parts of my anatomy in space!"
Ki Keun: "Ko? Ko, I was just in the bathroom for a second and now you're- oh. You're... dancing? Now that's not even fair. You're blind and you can play chess better than me and dance better than me?" Ko: "I'm trying not to hit anyone! Whee!"
Ki Keun: "Can you show me how to do that?" Kostya: "You know... I don't think Ko needs a chaperon as much as she thought she did." Ko: "Duh."
While the girls experiment with this dancing think, Kostya gives his wife flowers in her favorite color, "just 'cause." I think it was probably an attempt to turn this date into an actual date again. Oh right, they were on a date during the party. Both Jini and I forgot, so that didn't go so well.
But she liked the flowers. And the party was a success.
The next day Kostya was practicing the bass on the porch when the new children showed up for daycare.
Darren and Darleen's daughter Leigh was delivered first.
Then Don brought over the daughter he had with Cassandra, Catherine.
And then there was this boy, who's name and parentage I don't remember. But that reminds me, there has been a dramatic increase in birthrate in town due to accidental pregnancies. Nina finally had Joshue's son, Edmond. Skip and Brandi had a, err, "software failure" and got Titus, and Mary Sue and Daniel just had a little boy named Samir, and that's just the ones I wrote down. Kostya is sure to be in business for a long time to come.
Don't look at me like that, Kostya, you wished this on yourself.
Ko: "Uhg, all I can hear is crying, I can't focus on a chess game like this."
Kal Nal: "Finally, I will be able to win a game!" Ko: "I miss the music from the club last night..."
Lest you think poorly of his parenting skills, I present you with this photo of Kostya and Keu Gi giggling over an inside joke when she finally gets home from scouting in the evening. Even though he has been taking care of babies all day, Kostya always as time for his girls.
And yes, Keu Gi is continuing with her impulsive decision to start painting. Keu Gi: "Impulse had nothing to do with it. I was told to do it by the fairy king." Oh. Of course.
Jini: "Hmm, bored now. Time to call celebrities."
Jini: "Hey, so-and-so, interested in talking about me to the tabloids so I can buy a bigger house. It would be great for house parties."
But that night it wasn't Jini's party, but Kae Dee's that had the whole family's attention. Even though Kae Dee was hosting, the whole family was treating it as the sextuplet's first sleepover, giving them collective ownership over the party's success or failure.
No one was too worried about things going badly, though. Unlike all of Jini's parties, where the point was networking, this party was just for fun. Kae Dee had a pillow fight with Beau Broke.
Ka Na Li Ah, on the other hand, became acquainted with Belisama quite accidentally. Ka Na Li Ah: Oh, sorry I bumped into you, I was just on the way to my easel to paint... Belisama: Hello little canary. Tell me, what were you going to paint? Ka Na Li Ah: Well...
Ko also found herself making a new friend, although this one wasn't entirely by accident. Miranda: My Daddy's blind too, so I see where you're coming from- I mean, uh, not see... Ko: *laughing* No, it's a good pun, don't worry about it.
And so it came to pass that the legacy household was scattered with children asleep on the floor.
Beau: "Thanks for inviting me, Kae Dee. I have to go now, but I'm really glad I came. Invite me to the next one?" Kae Dee: "If there is a next one, sure thing!"
Jini missed the whole thing, because she had an opportunity to go dance in a club for celebrity points.
For another opportunity, Jini played her guitar in the park, earning money, building charisma and guitar skill, making friends, and gaining celebrity points.
...so I take it you didn't win your game against Ko, then. Kal Nal: Nope. Maybe I'll make it big as a novelist?
I dunno, Kal Nal, now might be your chance, Ko's a little distracted today. Next time:
Friendships grow.
The band is moving up in the world.
And the house gets a renovation. See you next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment