Thursday, May 20, 2010

Generation Estonian, Chapter One



Hello, and welcome to the new Around the World Legacy. Or, in Estonian, Maailmas.
In this legacy, each generation will be named a word starting with their letter from a language starting with that letter; so a sim from generation E could be named Esmaspäeviti, the Estonian word for Every Monday.

Last time on the Around the World Legacy, Dårlig was declared the heiress.

After her birthday, she went searching for a spouse. Dårlig, like her mother, didn't really want to get married, but she knew she had to continue on the family.

She met Victor Wolfe. He was a young adult, but he had white hair and amazing, pink eyes. She fell in love with him quickly, and they went back to her house.

Dårlig asked Wolfe to be her boyfriend, and he agreed to move in, but they both decided not to get married.

However, Wolfe's LTW was to have five children, so they got right to work.

Dårlig woke up in the middle of the night and discovered she was pregnant! Generation E was on the way!

Meanwhile, it was time for birthdays!

First Chyba grew old.

Then Ameen joined her in old age.

Then, finally, Dommer became an adult with a creepy mustache. He moved out.

I sent Chyba to Egypt, but her adventures disappeared when she arrived. Trying to make the best of it, I sent her to search for other relics, only to discover she lost Pangu's ax!

When she returned, there were two of her. One was the Chyba that had not gone on the adventure yet, the other was the one returning home. One was married to Ameen and one had never met him. They were both the children's mothers. Neither had the ax in their inventory. I was confused and freaked out so I quit without saving. It didn't help. I played through these past few days again (I had last saved right before the group birthday) and still had a cloned Chyba, so I went back to the last save again and moved Chyba, Ameen, and Dommer out all at once before they even grew up. I was fed up with them and my stupid glitchy game. I just wanted to be able to play without moving them to another new neighborhood. So out with the last two generations. It broke my heart that I'd never get to play Chyba and Ameen through their old age, but I didn't want to lose everything. I hate this game sometimes!

I managed to save Dårlig, the baby (babies?) and Wolfe, and they are an adorable family.

And soon Dårlig goes into labor.

It's a baby girl! She's named Esimene which means First. How appropriate.

Wolfe wants five kids, though, so right after giving birth Dårlig joins him in their new bed.

And this is where I leave you, hoping the glitches don't eat this family again.

1 comment:

  1. Hi, I've been reading through your blog the past few days, and I wanted to let you know how much I'm enjoying it. I really like your naming theme. I'm so sorry you've had to deal with those nasty glitches! Best wishes in making it to Generation Z!

    ReplyDelete